We, the people, businesses, organisations and schools in Ipswich want our town to be a vibrant place to work, study, thrive and do business.
We recognise that:
- Cycling and walking have an important part to play in addressing Ipswich’s challenges of pollution, congestion and inactive lifestyles.
- Cycling and walking support business, boost economic productivity and contribute to the health and well-being of our workforce.
- Pressure on the growing town will be relieved if more people cycle and walk.
- Increased physical activity helps ease the burden on our health and social care services.
We want Ipswich to be a town where:
- Children can cycle and walk to school or college safely;
- People can travel to work safely, directly and easily on a convenient and connected cycle and footpath network;
- Our roads and public spaces put people first and make cycling or walking the safe, natural choice for a large proportion of everyday journeys;
- Cycling and walking contribute to our prosperity, help us stay healthy and keep people and goods moving.
We want to support our leaders in delivering this better future for the people, businesses, organisations and schools of Ipswich.